Thursday 3 May 2012

DIY Cat Mug

If you've read my 'interests' you must be aware of my interest in cats. It's not just interest but it's passion/craze. I LOVE cats. In-fact, I own four cats. Had 7. Two died and 1 I sold. So now I have four. They are not my pets but family. I have a male Persian cat named PEARL. His wife, CHRISTIE and their two daughters, ICE and Twix :) They're my LOVE.
And it would be right to call me a Crazy Cat Lady :) Here is a picture of them....

I love painting too. 

So today, I decided to paint a cat on a ceramic mug.

I used a white painted ceramic mug and used Acrylics on it.

 Poured a little amount of Black acrylic paint onto to the palette.(you don't wanna waste any paint)
Using a soft bristle brush....


Next what I did was that I drew a cat with the help of a black board marker.

Then I filled in the cat with that black acrylic paint. Since Acrylics are water based colours so i avoided wetting the brush as much as I could. Put the base coat and let it dry. And then I applied the second coat.




<------ After the first coat.






And this after the second coat ---->
(neat na?) Make sure you don't use water. and wait for the first coat to dry completely before putting the second.

Next I made eyes with blue acrylic paint. 
I cleaned up the corners and edges with a cotton bud to give it a neat look. The strokes are very neat.


This is the final product. =)


It's a DIY Cat Mug.
I loved and enjoyed doing it.

When are you painting your mug?

1 comment:

  1. I liked the step by step instructions.

    Also the genesis of the thought added a flavour :-)

    ReplyDelete